- Tacoma’s Heart of Glass: Tour Chihuly’s hometown.
- Venerable lodges show visitors rusticity with an elegant touch.
- Savory trips to the Midwest’s pizza farms.
This wonderful regional magazine passionately captures life in the Midwest and thoroughly checks out everything it prints. I contribute to the annual Best of the Midwest Travel edition and ongoing bi-monthly magazine issues.
- Cool Art in Minnesota’s Grand Marais
- Seven reasons you’ll love Stillwater, Minnesota
- Autumn Getaway to Michigan’s Keweenaw Peninsula
- Six reasons to return to Minnesota’s Mall of America
- Eight reasons you should return to South Dakota’s Rapid City
- More blog features written for Midwest Living
Twin Cities Star Tribune
- Finding beauty in South Dakota’s Badlands
- A tour of Oregon, from orchards to ocean
- Learning to cook in Puerto Morelos, Mexico
- A tour of Oregon from orchards to ocean
- A Whale of a Time in Manitoba.
- Digging History: Unearthing dinosaur bones in Thermopolis, Wyo.
- Take a dolphin swim in the Florida Keys
Family Vacation Critic
This online website devotes itself to traveling with kids—which is its own kind of adventure. Look for resort reviews, the low-down on destinations and tips for parents.
- A beginner’s how-to guide to family camping
- Minocqua, Wis., Family Vacation
- Traverse City, Mich., Family Vacation
- Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
- The Wilderness, Wisconsin Dells
- Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel del Coronado, San Diego, Calif.
- Lake Superior Family Vacation
- Brainerd Lakes Family Vacation
- Black Hills Family Vacation
- Adventures such as dog-sledding, caving, mountain-biking and rock-climbing.
- Family travel.
- Hands-on vacations such as art studios, cooking classes and farm stays.
- Off-the-beaten-path discoveries from Finnish cafes to ice-fishing festivals.
- Local foods (think farm-stands & markets, vineyards, slow-food cafes, and ethnic neighborhoods).
- National and state parks.
Lisa Meyers McClintick
Freelance Travel Writer/Photographer
St. Cloud, Minnesota